If you love to sing, we'd love to hear from you. We welcome people of all ages from all musical backgrounds, professions and life experiences. Some musical or vocal training is essential (especially the ability to read music), but most importantly you must have a passion to sing.
We promise you a lot of fun, a great opportunity to learn from a group of very talented people, and to be part of one of Calgary ‘s best kept traditions!
TELL US ABOUT YOUR MUSICAL EXPERIENCE!
Auditions for the 2013 season are now closed.
Thanks to all of you who auditioned for us this year!
Our Member Expectations
- Make a commitment to learning - that's what we're about. Learning how to sing, how to harmonize, how to style a song, and how to perform in front of large audiences.
- Learn your music at the same pace as the group.
- Be ready to sing ‘off the book' a month before the performance.
- Come ready to participate and be prepared for change.
- Show a passion for learning and listening.
- Volunteer as requirements surface, especially as we prepare for concerts!
- Attend all regular practices which take place Wednesdays, 7:00pm to 10:00pm, 2nd floor, Grace Presbyterian Church, 1009 - 15th Avenue SW, Calgary (south entrance). As we get to within 6 weeks of the concerts, expect to go from 6:00pm to 10:00pm every Wednesday with additional Sunday rehearsals (scheduled months in advance)
Attend one Fall and one Spring workshop. These sessions always take place on a Saturday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Volunteer for our organization. There are many different ways to get involved and we ask that everyone contribute in some small way so the load is lighter for everyone.
Pay your membership fees due at the first rehearsal of the fall and spring sessions. Memberships are $350 for each season (September to January is our Fall Season; February to May is our Spring Season) and includes five tickets for each of our seasonal shows. Members who audition and are successful in joining our group in September MUST participate for the full year.